Powered by: Web Design Company
- Did another quick hotfix to repair a broken cotton gin. Probably no more hotfixes; next real update is in 1-2 weeks, and it'll be a big one, Feb 07
- Servers are back up! Sorry for the extended down time., Feb 04
- The exploit-bug let players re-loot chests over and over. Heartbroken about the number of long-term players who abused the hell out of this., Feb 04
- Players were abusing a bug, and we brought server down until it could be fixed. ETA is several more hours, I'm just getting started on it., Feb 03
- Just waking up from a long recuperative nap on my day off... servers were taken down while I was asleep due to a severely abusable exploit., Feb 03
Author Archives: Sandra
Eric, as he works on integrating the new character art: “Where’s his head? Oh, down there.” 15 minutes later: “Now his face is gone.” 30 minutes later: “Oh God, the eyes! Where are his eyes?!” 15 minutes later: “This should … Continue reading
Eric: The server is e-mailing me the message “WTF”. Sandra: Ahh … I presume you programmed it to do that? Eric: I presume so too.
(04:05:31) Eric Heimburg: Hmm. I need to think about the skill system more and figure out how to divvy up content across all the humanities. <in the other room, Sandra bursts into laughter> (04:05:46) Eric Heimburg: … I… wasn’t joking … Continue reading
After Eric posted about KickAssist (which I keep reading as kickass-ist, which is presumably some sort of really cool profession), tad commented: I would also suggest you ask people to tweet info about #projectgorgon and #kickstarter on twitter and write … Continue reading
- Need better error message when a cow tries to use a fire staff. – The cool-down timer for Basic Spore Bomb is tied to the cow’s front kick and possibly other attacks’. – I was able to start the … Continue reading
Sandra: “Are these mushroom smoothies supposed to require cooking or mycology?” Eric: “Don’t worry about that right now.” <pause> “It’s a live team problem.”
Eric: “The onion rings were 12 because I didn’t want to overpower the hash browns.” Sandra: “If it makes you feel any better, I just powered the hell out of the Bonus Fishy Surprise.”
Justin “Syp” Olivetti at Massively interviewed Eric about his experiences on Asheron’s Call 2.
(02:26:08) Eric Heimburg: the reason you write clean code isn’t to be awesome, it’s so that you can spend that cleanliness at the proper moment of desperation. Like at the end of Plum Mountain’s 200 hour development, I had elegant … Continue reading