Powered by: Web Design Company
- Spent a few days catching up on rest. Started on some bug fixes tonight, will get back in the saddle tomorrow!, Oct 01
- Hmm, our Apache web server locked up. Odd. Restarted it, good now. That's a separate machine than the game itself, so your chars are fine!, Sep 29
- By the way, if you're in a group you get bonus XP when killing monsters. The more people, the bigger the bonus. Helps offset group downtime., Sep 28
- If you can't reach the server, and know what a tracert is, I would appreciate getting your tracert logs! email@example.com, Sep 27
- Apparently there's some sporadic connectivity problems. The server is up, and 70 people are on, but getting reports that some can't reach it, Sep 27
Author Archives: Sandra
Eric, as he works on integrating the new character art: “Where’s his head? Oh, down there.” 15 minutes later: “Now his face is gone.” 30 minutes later: “Oh God, the eyes! Where are his eyes?!” 15 minutes later: “This should … Continue reading
Eric: The server is e-mailing me the message “WTF”. Sandra: Ahh … I presume you programmed it to do that? Eric: I presume so too.
(04:05:31) Eric Heimburg: Hmm. I need to think about the skill system more and figure out how to divvy up content across all the humanities. <in the other room, Sandra bursts into laughter> (04:05:46) Eric Heimburg: … I… wasn’t joking … Continue reading
After Eric posted about KickAssist (which I keep reading as kickass-ist, which is presumably some sort of really cool profession), tad commented: I would also suggest you ask people to tweet info about #projectgorgon and #kickstarter on twitter and write … Continue reading
- Need better error message when a cow tries to use a fire staff. – The cool-down timer for Basic Spore Bomb is tied to the cow’s front kick and possibly other attacks’. – I was able to start the … Continue reading
Sandra: “Are these mushroom smoothies supposed to require cooking or mycology?” Eric: “Don’t worry about that right now.” <pause> “It’s a live team problem.”
Eric: “The onion rings were 12 because I didn’t want to overpower the hash browns.” Sandra: “If it makes you feel any better, I just powered the hell out of the Bonus Fishy Surprise.”
Justin “Syp” Olivetti at Massively interviewed Eric about his experiences on Asheron’s Call 2.
(02:26:08) Eric Heimburg: the reason you write clean code isn’t to be awesome, it’s so that you can spend that cleanliness at the proper moment of desperation. Like at the end of Plum Mountain’s 200 hour development, I had elegant … Continue reading